Saturday, July 30, 2011

This is Garbage!

On my way to Boston yesterday, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get an iced coffee. Nothing out of the ordinary right?

I pull up to the drive-thru and handed over my debit card. OK ... why I paid $2.86 with anything other than cash is for another day. :D

Back to the window ... we make the exchange ... debit card for straw. I remove the paper from the straw and attempt an exchange of debit card for paper. She takes the straw paper and ...

throws it on the ground.

I'm appalled. "Are you kidding me? Did you just throw the trash on the ground"?

Attitude.

As she hands me my iced coffee, I ask again, "Did you really just throw the trash on the ground?"

"We aren't allowed to take anything from you."

Me: "Then just tell me that instead of littering."

Driving away, I think of tons of other things I could have said. There's a part of me that understands why they don't want to take everyone's trash. It is Grafton after all and I imagine businesses have to pay for trash just like the rest of us. But come on! Throwing it on the ground?

I'm still incensed over this as I enter the Mass Pike and what happens? The car in front of me throws trash out the window!

What the heck?! Twice in one day? Do these folks not remember the commercial with the Native American with the tear rolling down his cheek?

The paper from a straw is just a small thing. But come on ... we know how quickly the little things pile up.

:::getting off my soap box:::

No comments:

Post a Comment